GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Honeysuckle vine (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/59088-honeysuckle-vine.html)

pixi 17-04-2004 07:38 PM

Honeysuckle vine

I have a honeysuckle vine, pink and cream blooms. It has the most wonderful
smell, especially in the early morning. Has anyone any idea what it might
be? I have it so long the name has slipped from memory.

Pixi

me 17-04-2004 07:39 PM

Honeysuckle vine

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 12:21:14 -0400, "pixi" wrote:

I have a honeysuckle vine, pink and cream blooms. It has the most wonderful
smell, especially in the early morning. Has anyone any idea what it might
be? I have it so long the name has slipped from memory.

Pixi

Perhaps this one...?

http://www.lonicera.nl/engels/collec...un_belgica.htm

Pam - gardengal 18-04-2004 04:02 AM

Honeysuckle vine

"me" me@home wrote in message
On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 12:21:14 -0400, "pixi" wrote:

I have a honeysuckle vine, pink and cream blooms. It has the most

wonderful
smell, especially in the early morning. Has anyone any idea what it

might
be? I have it so long the name has slipped from memory.

Pixi

Perhaps this one...?

http://www.lonicera.nl/engels/collec...un_belgica.htm

That would be my guess, as well, or perhaps even 'Serotina'. IMO, either of
the Early or Late Dutch honeysuckles are the best behaved and most fragrant
of all the Loniceras.

pam - gardengal

pixi 18-04-2004 12:03 PM

Honeysuckle vine

Lost the post I was writing somehow. Hope it didn't get sent.

Thank you all for the advice. Have foumd a place to buy the Serotina amd.
although it costs a bit I'm gonna get it.