GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Seed and Plant Exchanges--Looking for Sweet Bay Tree (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/59612-seed-plant-exchanges-looking-sweet-bay-tree.html)

Garland Grower 22-04-2004 02:04 AM

Seed and Plant Exchanges--Looking for Sweet Bay Tree

Are there any Seed or Plant exchanges close to me?
I need to garden on the cheap. Like a lot of people, I have more time than
money, so I am willing to wait a few years for perennials, trees and shrubs.

What I really want is a Bay Laurel tree to add to my Herb collection. I
could grow in on the patio and bring in for Winter. They are quite
expensive and I have not seen them locally.

--
Rita
Garland, TX

escapee 22-04-2004 02:04 PM

Seed and Plant Exchanges--Looking for Sweet Bay Tree

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 00:24:13 GMT, "Garland Grower"
opined:

Are there any Seed or Plant exchanges close to me?
I need to garden on the cheap. Like a lot of people, I have more time than
money, so I am willing to wait a few years for perennials, trees and shrubs.

What I really want is a Bay Laurel tree to add to my Herb collection. I
could grow in on the patio and bring in for Winter. They are quite
expensive and I have not seen them locally.

I bought two of them when I lived in Dallas. Rhode's in Garland should have
one, not too expensive, and I know Northaven Gardens sells them.

www.beorganic.com for Rhode's
www.nhg.com for Northaven