GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Unplanted Tulip Bulbs (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/59624-unplanted-tulip-bulbs.html)

H Davis 22-04-2004 07:02 AM

Unplanted Tulip Bulbs

Because of health problems, my in-laws were not able to plant four boxes of
new tulip bulbs last fall. I just found them in the garage, and I'm
wondering what can be done with them. Are they a loss at this point:? Do I
put them in the garbage? Can I plant them now even though its too late for
blooms? Help.

Harlan

theoneflasehaddock 22-04-2004 03:02 PM

Unplanted Tulip Bulbs

ubject: Unplanted Tulip Bulbs
From: "H Davis"
Date: 4/22/2004 12:03 AM Central Daylight Time
Because of health problems, my in-laws were not able to plant four boxes of
new tulip bulbs last fall. I just found them in the garage, and I'm
wondering what can be done with them. Are they a loss at this point:? Do I
put them in the garbage? Can I plant them now even though its too late for
blooms? Help.

Just plant them. They'll come up late, but will come up. They may not flower as
well the second year, because of a shortened growing season in the first, but
should be back to normal after that.

-

theoneflasehaddock

Beecrofter 23-04-2004 04:02 AM

Unplanted Tulip Bulbs

Plant them, water them, feed the hell out of them.