GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Forsythia (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/60703-forsythia.html)

GaryM 05-05-2004 11:06 PM

Forsythia

Quick question on moving forsythia. Mine are about 1 year old and I have
found lots of good info on how to move them in google. On thing I read
is to prune the shrubs after transplanting. I was wondering if it is
possible to root the pruned branches?

TIA,

Gary

Vox Humana 06-05-2004 02:03 AM

Forsythia

"GaryM" wrote in message
Quick question on moving forsythia. Mine are about 1 year old and I have
found lots of good info on how to move them in google. On thing I read
is to prune the shrubs after transplanting. I was wondering if it is
possible to root the pruned branches?

TIA,

Yes. You can read about it he
http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/hil/hil-8702.html

Allview 06-05-2004 12:02 PM

Forsythia

What a great site. I'm filing it. Thanks.

Marilyn

Cereus-validus 06-05-2004 03:03 PM

Forsythia

Yes.

You can even bend branches down to the ground, cover them with dirt and have
them root.

But why bother? The plant is such a weed, it will spread by itself.

GaryM 06-05-2004 04:02 PM

Forsythia

"Vox Humana" wrote in news:k4gmc.70862$Vp5.12806
@fe2.columbus.rr.com:

Yes. You can read about it he
http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/hil/hil-8702.html

Thanks. Great site.