Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-2004, 11:02 PM
Duane

Default To straighten or not to straighten

And if so, how? I planted a 12' live oak a few months ago and it has
become obvious it is kind of off kilter. Maybe it was straight while
still strapped to the pole it came from the nursery with, or maybe I
was crosseyed that day. The tree appears to have settled in nicely and
has sprouted lots of nice new leaves. Anyway, my options a dig up
the root ball again and try to shift the whole thing, strap it back to
a pole (came with a length of stout bamboo) for a while, or let it go.
Will it tend to grow straight over time, I wonder?

- Duane with a leaning oak