Old 09-05-2004, 04:02 PM
barbie gee

Default only half-dead weeds

I sprayed some weeds in the front yard last week with "broadleaf weed
killer". They are now wilty, but not dead.

What to do now?

I'm generally one not to use weed killers, but this patch of yard is so
dense with weeds that I simply threw up my hands and said, "kill them
now". I mixed from concentrate, and got the rate right, but wonder if
maybe the concentrate is "stale", since it's a year or two old now??

so, respray with fresh killer?
wait another week and see if the weeds finally go brown and die?
what?

Old 09-05-2004, 06:03 PM
Timothy

On Sun, 09 May 2004 09:48:56 -0500, barbie gee wrote:

I sprayed some weeds in the front yard last week with "broadleaf weed
killer". They are now wilty, but not dead.

What to do now?

I'm generally one not to use weed killers, but this patch of yard is so
dense with weeds that I simply threw up my hands and said, "kill them
now". I mixed from concentrate, and got the rate right, but wonder if
maybe the concentrate is "stale", since it's a year or two old now??

so, respray with fresh killer?
wait another week and see if the weeds finally go brown and die? what?

What is the brand name of this weed killer?
What is the active chemical in this weed killer?
Some broadleaf killers can take up to 4 weeks to finish off the weed. I
would highly doubt that your weed killer went "stale", but it is possible.
Some chemicals break down with air exposure.

Old 09-05-2004, 09:02 PM
Michelle

some times round up is the only option and some weed and fee to folow
always follow instructions to the T with weed killer the broad weaf
should have done it in a week it takes that long for the killer to
circulate to kill roots and then you just yank the suckers out of the
ground I have a postage stamp so my jart is easier to care for but
this works for me when I just all of the suddne get inindated .
good luck

Old 12-05-2004, 06:05 PM
Salty Thumb

barbie gee wrote in news:409E44D8.63884DD8
@spammenotuic.edu:

I sprayed some weeds in the front yard last week with "broadleaf weed
killer". They are now wilty, but not dead.

What to do now?

I'm generally one not to use weed killers, but this patch of yard is so
dense with weeds that I simply threw up my hands and said, "kill them
now". I mixed from concentrate, and got the rate right, but wonder if
maybe the concentrate is "stale", since it's a year or two old now??

so, respray with fresh killer?
wait another week and see if the weeds finally go brown and die?
what?

Depending on what the weeds were, you might have been better off just
pulling them by hand. Dandelions aren't quite as pernicious as the
herbicide companies would want you to believe. (This may not be true in FL,
CA or TX).

It might be too late now, but for future reference, if they have any seeds
heads, I would cut them off and throw them in the garbage.