GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   anybody use coffee grounds (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/61100-anybody-use-coffee-grounds.html)

gord 11-05-2004 11:04 PM

anybody use coffee grounds

as a fertilizer for grass or plants? Making a brew or directly on the grass
with the coffee grounds is apparently a good fertilizer but I am concerned
it may be too acidic.

any body know?

Fito 12-05-2004 03:05 AM

anybody use coffee grounds

"gord" wrote in message
as a fertilizer for grass or plants? Making a brew or directly on the

grass
with the coffee grounds is apparently a good fertilizer but I am concerned
it may be too acidic.

any body know?

A lot of people use coffee grounds. Starbucks gives them away for free. The
acidity has been shown to be neutral (although, I just cant remember where I
saw the documentation). Try Cornell University composting.

Fito

gord 12-05-2004 03:06 AM

anybody use coffee grounds

thanks

junkyardcat 12-05-2004 06:03 AM

anybody use coffee grounds

My Grandma has always used coffee grounds on all of her flowers and veggies,
so of course, I do too:) I especially throw them on my tomato plants, and my
rosebushes. They seem to really like it:)

Angie

nina 12-05-2004 11:10 PM

anybody use coffee grounds

"gord" wrote in message
as a fertilizer for grass or plants? Making a brew or directly on the

grass
with the coffee grounds is apparently a good fertilizer but I am concerned
it may be too acidic.

My roses seem to like it.

gary davis 17-05-2004 06:03 AM

anybody use coffee grounds

On 5/13/04 8:11 PM, in article , "Barbara
Yanus" wrote:

My girlfriend and I share bags, huge bags of coffee grinds, that the
janitors save for us at work. I put mine directly on my compost pile, and
around my azaleas. Everything is thriving. As soon as I put them on my
compost pile, it heats up with a day. It's awesome.

Bebra

NE PA
zone 6b

"nina" wrote in message

"gord" wrote in message
as a fertilizer for grass or plants? Making a brew or directly on the
grass
with the coffee grounds is apparently a good fertilizer but I am
concerned
it may be too acidic.

My roses seem to like it.

I have heard that it kills slugs....I haven't had a chance to confirm by my
own experience. Is there anyone that has?
Gary
Fort Langley, BC
Canada
PS: I use coffee grounds all the time in my compost...not sure what it
really does there but it is definitely compostable. And the worms (my
buddies) seem to like it.

Michelle 21-05-2004 09:02 AM

anybody use coffee grounds

My tomatoes think I am the coffee ground godess because when ever I
am near them I'm dumping a load of coffee grounds at their feet
:-)