Old 11-05-2004, 11:04 PM
gord

Default anybody use coffee grounds

as a fertilizer for grass or plants? Making a brew or directly on the grass
with the coffee grounds is apparently a good fertilizer but I am concerned
it may be too acidic.

any body know?

Old 12-05-2004, 03:05 AM
Fito

"gord" wrote in message
as a fertilizer for grass or plants? Making a brew or directly on the

grass
with the coffee grounds is apparently a good fertilizer but I am concerned
it may be too acidic.

any body know?

A lot of people use coffee grounds. Starbucks gives them away for free. The
acidity has been shown to be neutral (although, I just cant remember where I
saw the documentation). Try Cornell University composting.

Fito

Old 12-05-2004, 03:06 AM
gord

thanks

Old 12-05-2004, 06:03 AM
junkyardcat

My Grandma has always used coffee grounds on all of her flowers and veggies,
so of course, I do too I especially throw them on my tomato plants, and my
rosebushes. They seem to really like it

Angie

Old 12-05-2004, 11:10 PM
nina

"gord" wrote in message
as a fertilizer for grass or plants? Making a brew or directly on the

grass
with the coffee grounds is apparently a good fertilizer but I am concerned
it may be too acidic.

My roses seem to like it.

Old 18-05-2004, 03:04 PM
Barbara Yanus

My girlfriend and I share bags, huge bags of coffee grinds, that the
janitors save for us at work. I put mine directly on my compost pile, and
around my azaleas. Everything is thriving. As soon as I put them on my
compost pile, it heats up with a day. It's awesome.

Bebra

NE PA
zone 6b

Old 21-05-2004, 09:02 AM
Michelle

My tomatoes think I am the coffee ground godess because when ever I
am near them I'm dumping a load of coffee grounds at their feet
:-)

"nina" wrote in message

"gord" wrote in message
as a fertilizer for grass or plants? Making a brew or directly on the
grass
with the coffee grounds is apparently a good fertilizer but I am

concerned
it may be too acidic.

My roses seem to like it.

[IMG] code is On

coffee grounds from cold press coffee user Roses 4 01-05-2004 04:03 PM
Coffee grounds to keep out cats? Polar Edible Gardening 9 29-04-2003 11:56 AM
NPK of Coffee Grounds Ryunen Gardening 1 01-03-2003 05:27 AM
[IBC] Fw: Coffee grounds Jim Lewis Bonsai 2 22-02-2003 04:27 PM
Coffee grounds Theo Bonsai 0 22-02-2003 08:15 AM