GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Morning Glorie/Moonflowers needed!!! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/61619-morning-glorie-moonflowers-needed.html)

TOM KAN PA 18-05-2004 01:04 PM

Morning Glorie/Moonflowers needed!!!

I planted the seeds this year as I did in previous years. They never
germinated.
Any idea where these can be bought as plants??

escapee 18-05-2004 02:17 PM

Morning Glorie/Moonflowers needed!!!

On 18 May 2004 12:00:45 GMT, c (TOM KAN PA) opined:

I planted the seeds this year as I did in previous years. They never
germinated.
Any idea where these can be bought as plants??

Tom, I have a perennial morning glory. I could go out and find a piece and get
it going in a pot and mail it to you if you'd like. It comes up every year and
it blooms earlier and till frost. You do have to watch it and maintain it in
bounds, but it's not hard to do and it's lovely. It comes back every year, but
I'm not sure about winter hardiness. I can look it up if you are interested.

victoria

Jacqueline 18-05-2004 04:05 PM

Morning Glorie/Moonflowers needed!!!

Wish I'd known a week ago. I had scads of both that I'd started from seed,
and ended up bribing co-workers to find homes for them!

--
Jacqueline
Carmichaels PA

chaz 19-05-2004 03:02 AM

Morning Glorie/Moonflowers needed!!!

"escapee" wrote in message
Okay, take a look at it he

http://plantsdatabase.com/go/51653/

It is perennial here in USDA Zone 8b with some protection. Not much, but

some
protection. It is a reliable bloomer and does so for the entire summer

till
frost. Like I said, it must be looked after as it will climb along the

ground
and put out stolen's and root in everywhere if you do not keep an eye on

it. I
will go out this week sometime and see if I can find any starts and dig

them
out, pot them up. However, we are into our deep heat now and it's not the

ideal
time for this. I'll still try for you.

Victoria

On Tue, 18 May 2004 17:28:05 -0400, "chaz" opined:

I WOULD LOVE A PIECE!@

can you email me at for my address?

Mark Anderson 23-05-2004 08:04 PM

Morning Glorie/Moonflowers needed!!!

In article c says...
I planted the seeds this year as I did in previous years. They never
germinated.
Any idea where these can be bought as plants??

I don't have much problem with getting morning glories to germinate but
Moon flowers are a complete PITA. I planted about 25 seeds that I
harvested from last year's vines and so far only one sprouted. It is
kind of depressing. I soaked them and didn't soak them and tried all
kinds of different things. Even last year I was lucky to get two vines
going. I'm in Zone 5 Chicago BTW where the weather has been pretty warm
this year late April and May.

Rose 26-05-2004 02:04 AM

Morning Glorie/Moonflowers needed!!!

I remember planting morning glories for the first time. I was so disappointed
when they didn't grow. Next season my garden was half - filled with them!

One of the things I learned - patience!

Rose
http://members.aol.com/Roseb44170/home.html
"How did I ever get talked into this?"