Old 20-05-2004, 08:04 AM
Anne Hedden

Default In search of tiny plants!

Looking for very small, very light plants, nothing over 1 inch in height or
width at maturity, or very light mosses. Any and all suggestions very
welcome. Beauty is important but not necessary. Must be able to grow these
plants hydroponically in styrofoam.

If anyone knows of an online source that arranges plant life by height and
weight (accurately speaking, most sites are very, very wide ranging in what
they consider to be a 'small plant'), I would be incredibly grateful. Are
there any e-Businesses that specialize in wee, teeny plants?

Old 20-05-2004, 11:02 AM
Ann

"Anne Hedden" expounded:

Looking for very small, very light plants, nothing over 1 inch in height or
width at maturity, or very light mosses. Any and all suggestions very
welcome. Beauty is important but not necessary. Must be able to grow these
plants hydroponically in styrofoam.

If anyone knows of an online source that arranges plant life by height and
weight (accurately speaking, most sites are very, very wide ranging in what
they consider to be a 'small plant'), I would be incredibly grateful. Are
there any e-Businesses that specialize in wee, teeny plants?

Do a web search for rock garden plants. Many can grow in a regular
garden setting, and most are quite small.

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA
Old 20-05-2004, 12:03 PM
Cereus-validus

Look for a dealer that specilizes in "terrarium plants".

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...=Google+Search

Old 20-05-2004, 07:03 PM
Michelle

You mean like some of those cute runty little cati? I think they are
very pretty and hardy and amazing when they flower. and often they
are short about one inch and they grow in a tiny terra pot that is a
simular hight
just curious what do you need these for any way?

Old 25-05-2004, 11:02 AM
escapee

Here is a place which specializes in tiny plants for terrariums and things:

http://www.violetbarn.com/miniature_houseplants.htm