Old 20-05-2004, 02:04 PM
Dan

Default mail order nurseries

What is a good mail-order nursery (besides Gurney's!)? Thanks!
--
Ain't that America... something to see!

Old 20-05-2004, 03:03 PM
William Wagner

In article tN1rc.41322$Lm3.20636@lakeread04,
"Dan" wrote:

What is a good mail-order nursery (besides Gurney's!)? Thanks!

I use Fairweather Gardens and Whiteflower.

Here a reviews of a few thousand more.

http://gardenwatchdog.com/

Bill

--
Zone 5 In South Jersey USA Shade
Consider all sorts of music at http://xpn.org/
Old 20-05-2004, 04:03 PM
Vox Humana

"Dan" wrote in message

What is a good mail-order nursery (besides Gurney's!)? Thanks!

It depends on what you what to buy. Most mail order places specialize.
Some have perennials, some sell seeds, other sell only roses, still others
sell mostly fruit trees. I like Bluestone Perennials for perennials.
www.bluestoneperennials.com

Old 20-05-2004, 04:03 PM
madgardener

BlueStone Perennials in Ohio.....Carroll Gardens in Maryland, McClure and
Zimmerman and Dutch Gardens for bulbs (especially Dutch Gardens), Heronswood
Nurseries for a vast selection of things that will boggle yer horticultural
mind, Wayside and White FLower Farm despite their prices are
guaranteed.........Squaw Mountain for sempervivums, and for different
houseplants and tropicals and such, Logee's...... PineTree Seeds for this
and that, Lee Valley Garden tools up in Canada and there's probably someone
I forgot but those are people I've dealt with personally with excellent
results. (with exception to Heronswood who I am saving up for g )
madgardener up on the ridge, back in Fairy Holler where the 17 year locusts
are so loud you can hear them thru the closed windows, overlooking a hazy
English Mountain where the rains dance over the tops into North Carolina, in
Eastern Tennessee, zone 7, Sunset zone 36