Old 27-05-2004, 03:03 PM
J.M.W

Default Trees

Would like chestnut tree removed from my garden lookinf for
information any one who would undertake this task, also roughly the
cost.
Old 27-05-2004, 04:04 PM
Pam - gardengal

"J.M.W" wrote in message
m...
Would like chestnut tree removed from my garden lookinf for
information any one who would undertake this task, also roughly the
cost.

Look in your local yellow pages for a certified arborist. In the UK, they
might possible carry the the initials as members of ISA. Get a couple of
quotes. Go with the one you think will do the best job for the best price.

Old 27-05-2004, 11:02 PM
Janet Baraclough..

The message Icntc.8560$Ly.6690@attbi_s01
from "Pam - gardengal" contains these words:

"J.M.W" wrote in message
m...
Would like chestnut tree removed from my garden lookinf for
information any one who would undertake this task, also roughly the
cost.

Look in your local yellow pages for a certified arborist. In the UK, they
might possible carry the the initials as members of ISA. Get a couple of
quotes. Go with the one you think will do the best job for the best price.

In the UK, look in yellow-pages under "tree-surgeon".

You might get a useful word-of-mouth recommendation by phone, from your
local council's tree-officer; or Forest Enterprise. Whoever you employ,
ask to see their current certificate of insurance. Reputable
tree-surgeons expect to be asked.

Whatever you do, avoid unqualified, unregistered cowboys; they don't
qualify for public liability insurance and are quite likely to cause
damage such as dropping your tree the wrong way onto a car/fence/roof
etc; for which you will be liable.

Disposal of the tree is often a major part of the cost; if you have
space to burn the brash safely onsite that will save you some money.

Janet.

Old 08-06-2004, 03:09 PM
John A. Keslick, Jr.

Select someone who knows alittle about trees.

Questions here.
http://www.chesco.com/~treeman/quiz.html

--
Sincerely,

John A. Keslick, Jr.
Tree Biologist
http://www.chesco.com/~treeman
Beware of so-called TREE EXPERTS who do not understand TREE BIOLOGY!
www.treedictionary.com
m...