Old 31-05-2004, 04:02 PM
concord

Default Epcot Flower and Garden Festival - Part 2

"Vox Humana" wrote:
Some nice pictures (not mine) of the Epcot International Flower
and Garden Festival at Walt Disney World.
http://www.minandbills.net/disney/tr...04-gallery.asp
Use the "start/stop" button for a slide show.

Thanks for posting a link to our pictures, Vox... glad you liked them...

We have posted a second group of pictures from the International Flower
and Garden Festival at Epcot... you can find them at:

http://www.minandbills.net/disney/tr...4-gallery2.asp

The reason for my post is I need some help identifying a plant/flower in the
second group of pictures.

Can anyone help me identify the red plant/flower shown in picture 29 and
again in picture 114?

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated...

- Bill - concord - minandbill @ minandbills.net
See out trip reports and pictures at www.minandbills.net

PS - only use the "start/stop" button for a slideshow if you have a
broadband connection... the pictures are large and take a while to load on a
slower connection...

Old 31-05-2004, 04:03 PM
Vox Humana

"concord" wrote in message
.. .
"Vox Humana" wrote:
Some nice pictures (not mine) of the Epcot International Flower
and Garden Festival at Walt Disney World.
http://www.minandbills.net/disney/tr...04-gallery.asp
Use the "start/stop" button for a slide show.

Thanks for posting a link to our pictures, Vox... glad you liked them...

We have posted a second group of pictures from the International Flower
and Garden Festival at Epcot... you can find them at:

http://www.minandbills.net/disney/tr...4-gallery2.asp

The reason for my post is I need some help identifying a plant/flower in

the
second group of pictures.

Can anyone help me identify the red plant/flower shown in picture 29 and
again in picture 114?

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated...

The plant is Amaranthus, sometimes called the summer poinsettia.
http://plantsdatabase.com/go/872.html
http://seeds.thompson-morgan.com/uk/en/product/1688/1

It is sold as a summer annual around here (Cincinnati), but is a less known
and underutilized plant.

Old 31-05-2004, 05:03 PM
concord

"concord" wrote
a second group of pictures from the International Flower
and Garden Festival at Epcot... you can find them at:
http://www.minandbills.net/disney/tr...4-gallery2.asp

The reason for my post is I need some help identifying a
plant/flower in the second group of pictures.

Can anyone help me identify the red plant/flower shown in
picture 29 and again in picture 114?

"Vox Humana" wrote
The plant is Amaranthus, sometimes called the summer poinsettia.
http://plantsdatabase.com/go/872.html
http://seeds.thompson-morgan.com/uk/en/product/1688/1

It is sold as a summer annual around here (Cincinnati), but is a less

known
and underutilized plant.

Thanks for all your help... it answered the question of one of the folks on
a Disney mailing list had about the pictures...

- Bill - concord - minandbill @ minandbills.net
See our trip reports and pictures at www.minandbills.net