Old 06-06-2004, 08:02 AM
H Davis

Default Spider Mites

Help! I have little red spider mites all over my patio and teak table. River
birches and crab apples overhand my patio, and I Guess the spider mites are
dropping from the trees. I can't sit out there without being bugged by bugs.
The whole patio is surrounded by shade tolerant and shade loving plants ...
15 different kinds of hostas, jack-in-the-pulpits, three types of ferns,
several astilbes, goats beard, Solomon's Seal regular and variegated,
hydrangeas, wild ginger, bloodroot, mertensia, pachysandra, bugbalm, and
several other varieties of plants that could potentially be affected by a
spray. How do I get rid of the spider mites?

Harlan

Old 08-06-2004, 03:03 PM
Phisherman

On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 01:42:20 -0500, "H Davis" hdavis@(no
spam)ntsource.com wrote:

Help! I have little red spider mites all over my patio and teak table. River
birches and crab apples overhand my patio, and I Guess the spider mites are
dropping from the trees. I can't sit out there without being bugged by bugs.
The whole patio is surrounded by shade tolerant and shade loving plants ...
15 different kinds of hostas, jack-in-the-pulpits, three types of ferns,
several astilbes, goats beard, Solomon's Seal regular and variegated,
hydrangeas, wild ginger, bloodroot, mertensia, pachysandra, bugbalm, and
several other varieties of plants that could potentially be affected by a
spray. How do I get rid of the spider mites?

Harlan

Change the conditions. Spider mites like hot and dry. A light daily
misting of your patio, table and plants will send the mites elsewhere.
Just plain water alone might do the trick. Insecticidal soap will
work too.

Old 08-06-2004, 03:09 PM
Mike LaMana

Those little red mites racing around like they are on amphetamine are spider
mites. They are usually clover mites, and are not a threat to your plants.
It's the mites you DON'T see you have to worry about.
I get the feeling the mites just creep you out a bit. Totally
understandable.

--
Mike LaMana, MS
Heartwood Consulting Services, LLC