Old 09-06-2004, 12:20 PM
Jayne Doe

Default Geraniums not blooming

Any suggestions? They are otherwise big and healthy.
Old 09-06-2004, 12:21 PM
Cereus-validus

Too much fertilizer?

Give us a clue as to what you are doing.

"Jayne Doe" wrote in message
om...
Any suggestions? They are otherwise big and healthy.

Old 09-06-2004, 12:28 PM
Vox Humana

"Jayne Doe" wrote in message
om...
Any suggestions? They are otherwise big and healthy.

Are we talking true geraniums or pelargoniums (like zonal geranium)?

Old 09-06-2004, 12:59 PM
Jayne Doe

No fertilizer - maybe I should try some Miracle Grow? They get plenty
of sun and adequate water. They are plain old pink geraniums; nothing
fancy.

"Cereus-validus" wrote in message . com...
Too much fertilizer?

Give us a clue as to what you are doing.

"Jayne Doe" wrote in message
om...
Any suggestions? They are otherwise big and healthy.

Old 09-06-2004, 01:07 PM
Jim Voege

"Jayne Doe" wrote in message
om...
No fertilizer - maybe I should try some Miracle Grow? They get plenty
of sun and adequate water. They are plain old pink geraniums; nothing
fancy.

"Cereus-validus" wrote in message

. com...
Too much fertilizer?

Give us a clue as to what you are doing.

"Jayne Doe" wrote in message
om...
Any suggestions? They are otherwise big and healthy.

Assuming you are talking about Pelargoniums (what is typically grown as an
annual bedding plant in the temperate zones), not the hardy perennial, if
you are growing them in containers the rule of thumb is to apply liquid
fertilizer every 10 days, every 14 days if you have planted them in the
ground. I'm also assuming you didn't plant them in containers with
store-bought potting soil that already contained fertilizer.

Also, what do you mean by "adequate" water? One of the nice things about
Geraniums is that they are quite drought tolerant. They are one of those
plants that you really don't need to (and probably shouldn't) water unless
the top inch of the soil is bone dry. Then give them a thorough soaking.
Bear in mind that if you have them in a container, this could still mean
having to water them daily, depending on how crowded they are.

Jim