Old 13-06-2004, 08:02 AM
Ka30P

Default Black Snake in Basement

You haven't tried the punk rock band option. I tell you it will clear your
sinuses, unblock pipes, strip varnish and realign your spine.

kathy :-)
Old 14-06-2004, 05:04 AM
Enuf

Peter wrote in message . ..
DAY 5 1/2 -

Still tearing apart the basement.... No snake, no mice, no anything in basement

My snake story:
I had netting around some garden plants to keep the birds and animals
out. One day I saw a 3ft. rat snake hung in the netting. Being the
good smaritan that I am, I decided to free it. It's head and about 6
inches of body was on one side of the netting, so obviously I worked
on the other side. I took a pair of scissors and began carefully
cutting the netting. The snake kept a wary eye on me, but was
amazingly calm. When the very last piece of netting was cut, he struck
through the netting and bit me on the index finger. Talk about
gratitude! No harm done except for the few tiny teeth he left in my
finger. It was kind of cool to show people my snake bite. Six months
later the final tooth came out.

Bob S.
Old 14-06-2004, 08:06 PM
LFR

"dennisb" wrote in message
Peter,
Could be a black rat snake or given the white spots a king snake. Either
way it is harmless, except that it could startle you. The snake went in

the
basement for a reason and will probably move on unless it has no way out.

have both kinds around my house, under the deck and surely at times in the
crawl space. I doubt you will see it except by accident and I really

doubt
you can search it out. Take heart and be glad you don't have the problem
reported in the Dallas Morning News that some condo owners had.......

http://www.dallasnews.com/s/dws/wfaa...ler.853f4.html

dennis
anderson, sc

Dennis,

The link to the story was no good...could you just give an overviiew?

Lynn

Old 15-06-2004, 12:03 AM
Paul E. Lehmann

Enuf wrote:

Peter wrote in message
. ..
[...]

I had a similiar experience. I had about a 5 footer hung up in the netting
over my vineyard. I did now he was there until I was positioning shoots
one day and he was about 6 inches from my face before I saw him. He was
tangled up REAL bad. I tried to work him out of the netting but could not.
Now, after hearing your story about the bite, I don't feel so bad about
taking him out in about 4 different pieces. BTW - I also live in Maryland.