Old 15-06-2004, 07:02 PM
Nudest

Default Please Identify This Flowering Plant

Hi everyone,

My mother planted this in her garden last year. It didn't amount to
much then but this year it has grown quite high and is lovely. She
can't remember what it was called or where she bought it.

Can someone identify it? Thank you in advance.

http://home.ca.inter.net/~deniswb/Flower1.jpg

Denny
Old 15-06-2004, 07:02 PM
Jacqueline

Foxglove (Digitalis sp., but I can't remember what species). It's a
biennial, and doesn't send up a flower stalk until the second year. The
first year, they're just big-leafed weedy-looking things. They also reseed
easily, so you'll get a continuous crop every year

--
Jacqueline
Carmichaels PA
m...

Old 15-06-2004, 07:03 PM
Sue

In article , Nudest
wrote:
Can someone identify it? Thank you in advance.

http://home.ca.inter.net/~deniswb/Flower1.jpg

foxglove aka digitalis purpurea. The plant was used as a treatment for
heart failure, synthetic digitalis still is. Don't eat it or let
animals eat it.

http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/w...d/27/27.4.html
Old 15-06-2004, 10:04 PM
Marley1372

Foxglove (Digitalis sp., but I can't remember what species)

Looks like Digitalis x mertonensis

Toad
Old 16-06-2004, 03:03 AM
HPBudlong