Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17-06-2004, 08:14 AM
Ben Blackmore

Default Testing Soil?

Hi,

I've been reading posts in the group about trying to get clay soil in a
better condition.

Most people seem to be at the general consensus that you need to add gypsum,
peat moss and sand, along with other organic material. But someone mentioned
that before you go adding too much stuff to it, you should get the soil
tested for ph balance, to make sure you don't make a bad problem worse! My
question is...how do you test the soil? I'm fairly knew to gardening in
general, I used to just potter around at home with my parents, however now I
have my own place, with very very thick clay soil!

Cheers

Ben

[IMG] code is On

Soil testing kits Jon Edible Gardening 6 07-10-2003 02:32 PM
soil testing R B North Carolina 3 01-05-2003 05:46 PM
Soil testing kits? David Hare-Scott Australia 0 05-04-2003 06:35 AM
soil testing R B North Carolina 3 17-03-2003 04:32 PM
Soil testing kits Pat Kiewicz Edible Gardening 5 24-01-2003 12:18 AM