Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17-06-2004, 09:03 PM
Dan Brenner

Default bad start with new sod (went completely brown)

We live in Ontario, Canada (Toronto area). We moved into a new house
(new construction) and recently in June the sod was laid out in front
of the house, between the house and the sidewalk. This has happened on
a Saturday morning. Unfortunately, due to some family problems I
wasn't able to get to water it until Tuesday evening. However, during
the night of Monday-Tuesday there has been a thunderstorm with heavy
pouring rain. Within one day after the storm, the sod has completely
changed its colour into light brown... It's been 2 days now after the
storm and although I water it an hour in the morning and and hour in
the evening, there has not been a change in colour. At this point I
wonder if I should water it even more or maybe I'm wasting my time and
it will not recover being dead already. I lifted a small patch to look
underneath and it is moist but there may be pockets of air.
I would appreciate any advice you may have.

Regards,
Danny