GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Shrub--FAST with COLOR (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/66923-shrub-fast-color.html)

EBG 22-06-2004 04:05 PM

Shrub--FAST with COLOR

I'm looking for a bush....something that will grow very fast like a Privet
with a maximum height 4 to 6 feet or so.

I'm looking for all summer color though and preferably in the foliage
like....yellow or red.

Is there anything like a yellow privet? Or something with yellow foliage?

THANKS.

Blues Ma 22-06-2004 08:02 PM

Shrub--FAST with COLOR

EBG wrote:

I'm looking for a bush....something that will grow very fast like a Privet
with a maximum height 4 to 6 feet or so.

I'm looking for all summer color though and preferably in the foliage
like....yellow or red.

Is there anything like a yellow privet? Or something with yellow foliage?

THANKS.

I have some heavily variegated Chinese yellow privet.............from Home
Depot.
Stays very yellow in the shade but goes a bit greener in sun.
Very hardy.** Come back even if hit by the tractor mower when young :-O
*
*

Jim Lewis 25-06-2004 01:02 AM

Shrub--FAST with COLOR

"Blues Ma" wrote in message
EBG wrote:

I'm looking for a bush....something that will grow very fast

like a Privet
with a maximum height 4 to 6 feet or so.

I'm looking for all summer color though and preferably in the

foliage
like....yellow or red.

Is there anything like a yellow privet? Or something with

yellow foliage?

THANKS.

I have some heavily variegated Chinese yellow

privet.............from Home
Depot.
Stays very yellow in the shade but goes a bit greener in sun.
Very hardy. Come back even if hit by the tractor mower when

young :-O

Privet. Yuck!

EBG doesn't say where he (or she) lives, but Loropetalum has
lovely pink flowers in spring and brilliant purple foliage all
the rest of the year, so if it'll grow in his (her) area . . .

Jim Lewis - - This economy is a wholly owned
subsidiary of the environment. - Gaylord Nelson