Old 22-06-2004, 04:05 PM
EBG

Default Shrub--FAST with COLOR

I'm looking for a bush....something that will grow very fast like a Privet
with a maximum height 4 to 6 feet or so.

I'm looking for all summer color though and preferably in the foliage
like....yellow or red.

Is there anything like a yellow privet? Or something with yellow foliage?

THANKS.

Old 22-06-2004, 08:02 PM
Blues Ma

EBG wrote:

I'm looking for a bush....something that will grow very fast like a Privet
with a maximum height 4 to 6 feet or so.

I'm looking for all summer color though and preferably in the foliage
like....yellow or red.

Is there anything like a yellow privet? Or something with yellow foliage?

THANKS.

I have some heavily variegated Chinese yellow privet.............from Home
Depot.
Stays very yellow in the shade but goes a bit greener in sun.
Very hardy.** Come back even if hit by the tractor mower when young :-O
*
*

Old 25-06-2004, 01:02 AM
Jim Lewis

"Blues Ma" wrote in message
EBG wrote:

I'm looking for a bush....something that will grow very fast

like a Privet
with a maximum height 4 to 6 feet or so.

I'm looking for all summer color though and preferably in the

foliage
like....yellow or red.

Is there anything like a yellow privet? Or something with

yellow foliage?

THANKS.

I have some heavily variegated Chinese yellow

privet.............from Home
Depot.
Stays very yellow in the shade but goes a bit greener in sun.
Very hardy. Come back even if hit by the tractor mower when

young :-O

Privet. Yuck!

EBG doesn't say where he (or she) lives, but Loropetalum has
lovely pink flowers in spring and brilliant purple foliage all
the rest of the year, so if it'll grow in his (her) area . . .

Jim Lewis - - This economy is a wholly owned
subsidiary of the environment. - Gaylord Nelson