Old 23-06-2004, 05:03 AM
John Watson

Default Seeds of Strychnos toxifera and Chondrodendron tomentosum

From: "Doug Kanter"
Date: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 1:25 PM

Try www.thompson-morgan.com

"micho" wrote in message
om...
Who knows where and how to get seeds of these plants?

What are you going to do with a plant that produces strychnine?

And:

curare, is a corruption of two Tupi Indian terms meaning "bird" and "to
kill." Chondrodendron tomentosum or the curare vine is one of the main
plants used by the Indians in the Amazon to prepare these arrow poisons.

What do you have in mind?

John

Old 23-06-2004, 03:15 PM
Doug Kanter

From: "Doug Kanter"
Date: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 1:25 PM

Try www.thompson-morgan.com

"micho" wrote in message
om...
Who knows where and how to get seeds of these plants?

What are you going to do with a plant that produces strychnine?

And:

curare, is a corruption of two Tupi Indian terms meaning "bird" and "to
kill." Chondrodendron tomentosum or the curare vine is one of the main
plants used by the Indians in the Amazon to prepare these arrow poisons.

What do you have in mind?

John

Perhaps he has problems with dogs, and a dog catcher that's non-responsive.
I went through that some years ago. I didn't get as far as using poison,
although it was next on my list. What worked ended up being great fun. I had
a picture of a friend's boat docked in Montauk, Long Island. In those days,
some fishermen thought it was cool to hang sharks' heads on the dock pilings
after they were done hacking up the animals for whatever purpose. I showed
that picture to two uncooperative dog owners and asked if they'd like to see
that happen to their beasts. The cops came to my door later that day. We
talked, and I assume they also chatted with the dog owners because I never
saw those dogs leave their property again. Priceless.

Old 25-06-2004, 03:02 PM
pooter

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 13:27:39 GMT in ,
"Doug Kanter" graced the world with this
thought:

I didn't get as far as using poison,
although it was next on my list.

good idea, then bent over an excercise bench in the weight room with a
line of guys from the Aryan Brotherhood behind you would be next?

What kind of idiot kills someone's dog because it comes in his yard or
pees on his lawn? If it's worrying sheep or threatening your kids, get
a ****ing gun, at least it's legal then.
Old 25-06-2004, 03:03 PM
Doug Kanter

"pooter" wrote in message
.net...
On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 13:27:39 GMT in ,
"Doug Kanter" graced the world with this
thought:

I didn't get as far as using poison,
although it was next on my list.

good idea, then bent over an excercise bench in the weight room with a
line of guys from the Aryan Brotherhood behind you would be next?

What kind of idiot kills someone's dog because it comes in his yard or
pees on his lawn? If it's worrying sheep or threatening your kids, get
a ****ing gun, at least it's legal then.

Can't use a gun in my residential neighborhood. However, you're on the right
track. In NY, most animals can be killed for destroying food crops. If the
animal is one which is governed by hunting laws, you need to get a special
permit. Dogs are not governed by hunting regs. The only limiting factor is
the sensible consideration of firearms laws (and common sense) in the area.

But, back to the subject: Tell me your solution to the following problem. A
dog craps repeatedly in your vegetable & flower beds. A half dozen polite
conversations with the owner produce no results. It's a cagey animal,
impossible to catch or even approach. The dog catcher is called a dozen
times and says he must witness the dog being off its property before he can
fine the owner, and finally remove the dog after 3 violations. The dog is
off its property very early in the day or in the evening. The dog catcher
works 8 to 5, unless he has to deal with a dangerous animal. Finally, zoning
laws don't permit fences sufficient to protect the property from illegal
dogs.

What's YOUR solution?

Old 25-06-2004, 10:02 PM
'enry VIII

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"pooter" wrote in message
.net...
[...]

If the law allows you to kill an animal for destroying food crops, what is
stopping you from "offing" the owner who is a human animal? ;-

Actually I have that problem with neighbor cats, I scoop up the crap and
throw it back into their yard at their front door.

'enry VIII

'enry VIII

Old 27-06-2004, 02:02 AM
Doug Kanter

"'enry VIII" enry wrote in message

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"pooter" wrote in message
.net...
[...]

Too much paperwork afterwards.

Actually I have that problem with neighbor cats, I scoop up the crap and
throw it back into their yard at their front door.

Try jamming it into the crevices of their windshield wiper blades, between
the rubber and the metal. Priceless.