GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Feeding the soil (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/67046-feeding-soil.html)

Mike 23-06-2004 10:02 PM

Feeding the soil

Howard County gardener Jon Traunfeld transforms kitchen scraps and
shredded leaves into black gold and uses it to turn his silty, clay
loam soil into something good for gardening.
at http://www.washtimes.com/metro/20040...1229-6773r.htm

Doug Kanter 23-06-2004 10:02 PM

Feeding the soil

"Mike" wrote in message
m...
Feeding the soil
Howard County gardener Jon Traunfeld transforms kitchen scraps and
shredded leaves into black gold and uses it to turn his silty, clay
loam soil into something good for gardening.
at http://www.washtimes.com/metro/20040...1229-6773r.htm

I think it's called composting, or some such newfangled thing.

The Watcher 24-06-2004 06:03 PM

Feeding the soil

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 23:08:58 +0100, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

The message
from "Doug Kanter" contains these words:

"Mike" wrote in message
m...
Feeding the soil
Howard County gardener Jon Traunfeld transforms kitchen scraps and
shredded leaves into black gold and uses it to turn his silty, clay
loam soil into something good for gardening.
at http://www.washtimes.com/metro/20040...1229-6773r.htm

I think it's called composting, or some such newfangled thing.

You don't say? Whatever will they think of next.

Maybe they'll come up with a better way to feed the soil with chemicals or
something. ;)

Janet Baraclough 24-06-2004 11:02 PM

Feeding the soil

The message
from (The Watcher) contains these words:

"Mike" wrote in message
m...
Feeding the soil
Howard County gardener Jon Traunfeld transforms kitchen scraps and
shredded leaves into black gold and uses it to turn his silty, clay
loam soil into something good for gardening.
at http://www.washtimes.com/metro/20040...1229-6773r.htm

I think it's called composting, or some such newfangled thing.

You don't say? Whatever will they think of next.

Maybe they'll come up with a better way to feed the soil with chemicals or
something. ;)

Bullshit.

Now there's another garden additive that nobody would ever dream of...

Janet.

The Watcher 25-06-2004 06:03 AM

Feeding the soil

"Mike" wrote in message
m...
Feeding the soil
Howard County gardener Jon Traunfeld transforms kitchen scraps and
shredded leaves into black gold and uses it to turn his silty, clay
loam soil into something good for gardening.
at http://www.washtimes.com/metro/20040...1229-6773r.htm

I think it's called composting, or some such newfangled thing.

You don't say? Whatever will they think of next.

Maybe they'll come up with a better way to feed the soil with chemicals or
something. ;)

Bullshit.

I knew if I didn't put "better" in quotation marks the emoticon wouldn't be
enough. ;)

Now there's another garden additive that nobody would ever dream of...

Janet Baraclough 25-06-2004 08:08 PM

Feeding the soil

The message
from (The Watcher) contains these words:

Maybe they'll come up with a better way to feed the soil with
chemicals or
something. ;)

Bullshit.

I knew if I didn't put "better" in quotation marks the emoticon wouldn't be
enough. ;)

Now there's another garden additive that nobody would ever dream of...

I should have known that no-emoticons-at-all would confuse an American

Oh damn, it's happened again

Janet

gary davis 01-07-2004 09:02 AM

Feeding the soil

On 6/25/04 11:01 AM, in article , "Janet
Baraclough" wrote:

The message
from (The Watcher) contains these words:

Maybe they'll come up with a better way to feed the soil with
chemicals or
something. ;)

Bullshit.

I knew if I didn't put "better" in quotation marks the emoticon wouldn't be
enough. ;)

Now there's another garden additive that nobody would ever dream of...

I should have known that no-emoticons-at-all would confuse an American

Oh damn, it's happened again

Janet

Damn, how I hate the internet. If I were there in person I could ask "What
was that? What did you say?" And thusly get tuned in.
But alas, it's the 'word' in black, a soft word...that may explain why I
can't hear! Nuts!

I do have a question...how do you know he/she is an American?
Gary
Fort Langley BC
Canada