Old 23-06-2004, 10:02 PM
Mike

Default Feeding the soil

Feeding the soil
Howard County gardener Jon Traunfeld transforms kitchen scraps and
shredded leaves into black gold and uses it to turn his silty, clay
loam soil into something good for gardening.
at http://www.washtimes.com/metro/20040...1229-6773r.htm
Old 23-06-2004, 10:02 PM
Doug Kanter

"Mike" wrote in message
m...
Feeding the soil
Howard County gardener Jon Traunfeld transforms kitchen scraps and
shredded leaves into black gold and uses it to turn his silty, clay
loam soil into something good for gardening.
at http://www.washtimes.com/metro/20040...1229-6773r.htm

I think it's called composting, or some such newfangled thing.

Old 24-06-2004, 06:03 PM
The Watcher

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 23:08:58 +0100, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

The message
from "Doug Kanter" contains these words:

"Mike" wrote in message
m...
Feeding the soil
Howard County gardener Jon Traunfeld transforms kitchen scraps and
shredded leaves into black gold and uses it to turn his silty, clay
loam soil into something good for gardening.
at http://www.washtimes.com/metro/20040...1229-6773r.htm

I think it's called composting, or some such newfangled thing.

You don't say? Whatever will they think of next.

Maybe they'll come up with a better way to feed the soil with chemicals or
something.
Old 24-06-2004, 11:02 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from (The Watcher) contains these words:

"Mike" wrote in message
m...
Feeding the soil
Howard County gardener Jon Traunfeld transforms kitchen scraps and
shredded leaves into black gold and uses it to turn his silty, clay
loam soil into something good for gardening.
at http://www.washtimes.com/metro/20040...1229-6773r.htm

I think it's called composting, or some such newfangled thing.

You don't say? Whatever will they think of next.

Maybe they'll come up with a better way to feed the soil with chemicals or
something.

Bullshit.

Now there's another garden additive that nobody would ever dream of...

Janet.

Old 25-06-2004, 06:03 AM
The Watcher

"Mike" wrote in message
m...
Feeding the soil
Howard County gardener Jon Traunfeld transforms kitchen scraps and
shredded leaves into black gold and uses it to turn his silty, clay
loam soil into something good for gardening.
at http://www.washtimes.com/metro/20040...1229-6773r.htm

I think it's called composting, or some such newfangled thing.

You don't say? Whatever will they think of next.

Maybe they'll come up with a better way to feed the soil with chemicals or
something.

Bullshit.

I knew if I didn't put "better" in quotation marks the emoticon wouldn't be
enough.

Now there's another garden additive that nobody would ever dream of...

Old 25-06-2004, 08:08 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from (The Watcher) contains these words:

Maybe they'll come up with a better way to feed the soil with
chemicals or
something.

Bullshit.

I knew if I didn't put "better" in quotation marks the emoticon wouldn't be
enough.

Now there's another garden additive that nobody would ever dream of...

I should have known that no-emoticons-at-all would confuse an American

Oh damn, it's happened again

Janet

[IMG] code is On

Critical Feeding V Organics, Microbes & better Soil Management VickyN Gardening 17 06-07-2011 06:13 AM
feeding the soil Devlin United Kingdom 3 08-03-2010 01:59 PM
Feeding spent container soil to compost worms Frank Gardening 3 29-12-2007 07:10 PM
[IBC] Schefflera arboricola soil/feeding (newbie) Carl L Rosner Bonsai 0 06-09-2003 06:42 PM
Schefflera arboricola soil/feeding (newbie) Jamie Schnapp Bonsai 0 05-09-2003 10:12 PM