Old 25-06-2004, 06:02 AM
Lynn Coffelt

Default plant identification

"billQ" wrote in message
Hello, The attached picture shows a plant that I have in my garden that I
always referred to as mullen. After trying to research mullen I am not

sure
that I have the name correct. I would appreciate if someone could help me
identify this flowering plant.
thanks
Bill

Well, I was thrown out of Latin class, so this is strictly local, but
Mom called them "Bachelor Buttons", and she wouldn't kid me on such an
important matter.
Old Chief Lynn

Old 25-06-2004, 09:02 AM
Travis

billQ wrote:
Hello, The attached picture shows a plant that I have in my garden that I
always referred to as mullen. After trying to research mullen I am not sure
that I have the name correct. I would appreciate if someone could help me
identify this flowering plant.

It is Lychnis coronaria sometimes called Rose Campion. It is not
bachelors buttons.

--
Travis in Shoreline Washington
Old 25-06-2004, 05:03 PM
MLEBLANCA

billQ wrote:
Hello, The attached picture shows a plant that I have in my garden that I
always referred to as mullen. After trying to research mullen I am not

sure
that I have the name correct. I would appreciate if someone could help me
identify this flowering plant.

It is Lychnis coronaria sometimes called Rose Campion. It is not
bachelors buttons.

And it is sometimes called "mullein pink"
so there is your reason for calling it mullein.
However Lychnis and Mullein (Verbascum)
are in different families and not related.

Emilie
NorCal