Old 28-06-2004, 02:03 AM
Anonny Moose

Default Help with ID?

Can anyone help me out on these volunteers? Noxious weeds or diamonds in the
rough? I'm located in the Portland OR area.

Two pictures of this one:
http://users.easystreet.com/markie/images/unk1.2.jpg and
http://users.easystreet.com/markie/images/unk1.1.jpg

This is some sort of shrub. The "leaf" encircling the stem might help with
ID. http://users.easystreet.com/markie/images/unk2.0.jpg

Shrub or tree-to-be? http://users.easystreet.com/markie/images/unk3.0.jpg

This is about knee high. No flowers yet.
http://users.easystreet.com/markie/images/unk4.0.jpg

Appreciate any ideas.

Karen

Old 28-06-2004, 04:02 PM
Karen Fletcher

Anonny Moose wrote:
Can anyone help me out on these volunteers? Noxious weeds or diamonds in the
rough? I'm located in the Portland OR area.

Two pictures of this one:
http://users.easystreet.com/markie/images/unk1.2.jpg and
http://users.easystreet.com/markie/images/unk1.1.jpg

This is some sort of shrub. The "leaf" encircling the stem might help with
ID. http://users.easystreet.com/markie/images/unk2.0.jpg

Looks like Horseweed to me. Scroll down to bottom of page:
http://www.ppws.vt.edu/scott/weed_id/erica.htm

-- Karen

The Garden Gate http://garden-gate.prairienet.org
"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need."
^and cats -- Cicero
On the Web since 1994 Forbes Best of Web 2002
Old 28-06-2004, 04:03 PM
Anonny Moose

"Karen Fletcher" wrote in message
Anonny Moose wrote:
Can anyone help me out on these volunteers? Noxious weeds or diamonds in

the
rough? I'm located in the Portland OR area.

Two pictures of this one:
http://users.easystreet.com/markie/images/unk1.2.jpg and
http://users.easystreet.com/markie/images/unk1.1.jpg

This is some sort of shrub. The "leaf" encircling the stem might help

with
ID. http://users.easystreet.com/markie/images/unk2.0.jpg

Looks like Horseweed to me. Scroll down to bottom of page:
http://www.ppws.vt.edu/scott/weed_id/erica.htm

Karen

I think you are correct on the Horseweed. Appears to be a native ground
cover, so I guess it can stay. Thanks so much for your help on that mystery.

Karen

Old 29-06-2004, 12:05 AM
David Hill

The first is some form of euphorbia

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 29-06-2004, 03:09 AM
Cereus-validus

HELP HELP HELP Lynne Orchids 6 07-05-2004 01:03 AM
help with high light/high co2 tank out of balance = greenwater :( help J. H. Freshwater Aquaria Plants 17 08-04-2003 04:44 PM
YOU HELP ME AND I HELP YOU !!! illmatic Ponds (alternative) 0 26-03-2003 03:32 AM
[IBC] IBCers You can help the list (was: [IBC] Please help me :-))) Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 23-03-2003 12:44 AM
help! Please help find out what kind of plants I have :) Dave M. Picklyk Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 18-02-2003 05:09 AM