GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Weird Moonflowers (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/67500-weird-moonflowers.html)

cat daddy 30-06-2004 10:04 PM

Weird Moonflowers

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
On 6/30/04 2:22 PM, in article , "Doug

Kanter"
wrote:

"The Watcher" wrote in message
On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 02:06:35 -0500, Mark Anderson

wrote:

snip
You
know those little garden gnomes you see in peoples' yards and

gardens?
THEY DO
IT! They're not alone, though. They seem to have some little helpers,

snip

I think the jockey statues with the lanterns are part of the

conspiracy,
too, although I don't see as many of them as I did 30-odd years ago.

My grandmother had one of those - I think it hiding in someone's

basement.
Never understood the attraction!
Cheryl

Makes the owner feel like they're a member of the "horsey set". :-)

A Guide to Freedom
Jockey statues marked Underground Railroad
http://www.horseinfo.com/info/misc/jockeyinfo.html

The Story Of Jocko
http://www.mountainhomeplace.com/jocko.htm
"The story begins the icy night in December 1776 when General George
Washington decided to cross the Delaware..."

Landscape Design History - Lawn Jockeys Revisited
http://landscaping.about.com/b/a/063047.htm
click the underlined lawn jockeys link...

Cheryl Isaak 01-07-2004 12:02 PM

Weird Moonflowers

wrote:

[...]

Interesting!
Especially since that family member was quite bigoted.

Cheryl