GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Why is it (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/78089-why.html)

Roy 01-07-2004 04:02 PM

Why is it

If you try and plant grass or flowers in a certain spot they can make
for problems in growing etc, but where you don;t want them they seem
to grow all by themselves. If only flowers, grass and veggies were as
easy to grow as weeds, I may actually have more fun with gardening
etc. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy growing and pnating things, but
weeds overall is a real pain. Nothing seems to bother weeds, like
grubs, grasshoppers and other insects.......only real threat is man,
(woman) but everything like to eat or prey on a flower or veggie.

I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.

Cereus-validus 01-07-2004 04:02 PM

Why is it

Who are you trying to be?

A Dave Barry wannabe?

http://www.davebarry.com/

Vox Humana 01-07-2004 04:02 PM

Why is it

"Roy" wrote in message
If you try and plant grass or flowers in a certain spot they can make
for problems in growing etc, but where you don;t want them they seem
to grow all by themselves.

Yep, I know that you mean. Sometimes I think gardening is about trying to
keep order as much as it is about growing plants.

Roy 02-07-2004 05:02 AM

Why is it

Nope I don;t have a clue as to Dave Barry even is............but I
will check out the link you posted and find out!

On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 14:22:42 GMT, "Cereus-validus"
wrote:

===Who are you trying to be?
===
===A Dave Barry wannabe?
===
===http://www.davebarry.com/
===
===
==="Roy" wrote in message
[...]
=== Visit my website: http://www.frugalmachinist.com
=== Opinions expressed are those of my wifes,

Frogleg 02-07-2004 09:02 PM

Why is it

On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 14:13:56 GMT, (Roy) wrote:

If you try and plant grass or flowers in a certain spot they can make
for problems in growing etc, but where you don;t want them they seem
to grow all by themselves. If only flowers, grass and veggies were as
easy to grow as weeds,

One reason is that "weeds" are the most successful plants for a given
area, and the stuff we try to nurture usually isn't. That is, a wild
tomato growing wherever tomatoes originated, is probably a successful
weed and very little like the cultivars in our gardens and farms.