Old 04-07-2004, 12:02 AM
Ben Tuinman

Default Privet hedge infestation

Our Privet hedge is infested badly with some sort of bug. I would like to
stop this, short of buying a commercial insecticide. Is there anybody out
there who could give me the recipe of a more environmental friendly
"insecticide" which I could spray on ? Much obliged !

Old 04-07-2004, 02:02 AM
Doug Kanter

You're going to need to figure out what kind of bug it is. Can you describe
it? Meanwhile, get out there with a hose and a spray nozzle. Many pests are
bothersome for just a few days or weeks each year, and blasting them off the
plants can do the trick. Be sure to spray from below the leaves as well as
from above.

Old 04-07-2004, 04:02 PM
Phisherman

On Sat, 3 Jul 2004 18:07:18 -0400, "Ben Tuinman"
wrote:

Our Privet hedge is infested badly with some sort of bug. I would like to
stop this, short of buying a commercial insecticide. Is there anybody out
there who could give me the recipe of a more environmental friendly
"insecticide" which I could spray on ? Much obliged !

The first step is to identify the insect. Then read up on its
lifecycle and habitat. Insecticidal soap sprays work on some
insects, but certainly not all.

[IMG] code is On

Good company for a privet hedge? PJ United Kingdom 2 11-08-2003 11:32 AM
A Privet Hedge Question Willy Skass Lawns 2 11-06-2003 07:20 AM
Kickstarting new privet hedge Dr. Rev. Chuck, M.D. P.A. Gardening 0 15-04-2003 05:44 AM
Privet Hedge IBM United Kingdom 6 07-03-2003 08:55 AM
Privet hedge and camoflauge Micko United Kingdom 3 22-10-2002 08:19 AM