Old 05-07-2004, 02:02 AM
Ben

Default Venus fly trap turned brown

Hi all,

I have a venus fly trap that has been doing well for over a month.

Unfortunately a board fell on the plant and I just noticed it today. It may
have been under for a few days.

The plant doesn't appear to be physically damaged, but it has been deprived
of sun light for some time. The stems and mouths that were not covered by
it are still a nice green color, however the center of the plant and other
stems that were covered have turned brown.

The stems and mouths that are still green (ultimately connecting to the
center) are brown as well very close to where the plant goes in to the
ground. But there is still several inches of stems that are green.

Anyway - is it possible the plant could recover? Or will the stems that are
green ultimately turn brown as the base of the stems have already done?

If it is possible it will recover is there anything in particular I could do
to help it?

Thanks

Old 05-07-2004, 02:02 PM
Cereus-validus

Time will tell.

All you can do is grow it as before and be patient.

At this rate, you are really going to have knipshins when the plant begins
to die back normally in the autumn!!!

"Ben" wrote in message
[...]

[IMG] code is On

Venus Fly Trap Steve Burrows United Kingdom 4 12-04-2005 11:09 PM
Venus Fly Trap Help? verizon Gardening 5 04-05-2003 06:20 AM
Venus fly trap question. SDD Plant Science 2 26-04-2003 01:28 PM
Cooked my venus fly trap... Marcus Fox United Kingdom 17 04-04-2003 01:44 PM
Venus Fly Trap... Marcus Fox United Kingdom 3 04-12-2002 11:08 AM