Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27-07-2004, 05:35 AM
Greg Miller

Default Lawn Inversion

Hello all,

I've got a lawn, about 50' x 70'. It's more than half weeds, despite
several years of half-hearted spraying and picking. The grade is
wrong; it slopes to the middle of the yard.

So basically I want to start anew. My intended course of action is to
flip over the lawn (after the fall) by shovel to a depth of 8" (so
that no weeds return). Then bring in topsoil and grade. Leave over the
winter for further settling. In the spring, fix any holes caused by
settling and then seed.

This is a major project, so I would really appreciate any suggestions.

[IMG] code is On

Lawn advice ... suggestions for a lawn alternative for shady damp area Small Red Robin United Kingdom 7 16-05-2006 05:27 PM
New lawn now 2", leave trimmings on lawn? MM United Kingdom 7 12-05-2005 09:53 PM
Riding lawn mower and lawn roller Eric Gardening 1 02-05-2005 08:06 PM
Lawn Inversion Greg Miller Gardening 14 27-07-2004 05:24 AM
Can I Use Scotts Lawn Pro Step 4 Lawn Fertilizer for Overseeding? Mike Thompson Lawns 1 10-09-2003 07:42 PM