GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Healthy non-blooming heliotrope (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/81229-healthy-non-blooming-heliotrope.html)

Rob 07-08-2004 05:33 AM

Healthy non-blooming heliotrope

My six-year old heliotrope decided not to bloom this year; despite
adequate water and periodic light application of "bloom booster" all
I have is beautiful foliage. It is in a pot on the south-facing
front steps and gets at least 5 hours of sun daily - although the
summer has been less sunny than usual.

It's been in the same pot most of its life with a little top dressing
added annually; when I put it out in the spring I prune it severely.
In previous years it was gorgeous and fragrant - not this year.

Maryland - zone 6. Advice?

Pat Kiewicz 07-08-2004 11:47 AM

Rob said:

My six-year old heliotrope decided not to bloom this year; despite
adequate water and periodic light application of "bloom booster" all
I have is beautiful foliage. It is in a pot on the south-facing
front steps and gets at least 5 hours of sun daily - although the
summer has been less sunny than usual.

It's been in the same pot most of its life with a little top dressing
added annually; when I put it out in the spring I prune it severely.
In previous years it was gorgeous and fragrant - not this year.

I think it is begging to be repotted...

(attributed to Don Marti)