Old 07-08-2004, 05:33 AM
Rob

Default Healthy non-blooming heliotrope

My six-year old heliotrope decided not to bloom this year; despite
adequate water and periodic light application of "bloom booster" all
I have is beautiful foliage. It is in a pot on the south-facing
front steps and gets at least 5 hours of sun daily - although the
summer has been less sunny than usual.

It's been in the same pot most of its life with a little top dressing
added annually; when I put it out in the spring I prune it severely.
In previous years it was gorgeous and fragrant - not this year.

Maryland - zone 6. Advice?
Old 07-08-2004, 11:47 AM
Pat Kiewicz

Rob said:

My six-year old heliotrope decided not to bloom this year; despite
adequate water and periodic light application of "bloom booster" all
I have is beautiful foliage. It is in a pot on the south-facing
front steps and gets at least 5 hours of sun daily - although the
summer has been less sunny than usual.

It's been in the same pot most of its life with a little top dressing
added annually; when I put it out in the spring I prune it severely.
In previous years it was gorgeous and fragrant - not this year.

I think it is begging to be repotted...

(attributed to Don Marti)

[IMG] code is On

Heliotrope [1/1] Mad Cow Garden Photos 0 10-07-2013 04:00 PM
Healthy Forests? Scientists See Salvage Logging -- Not Wildfire Protection -- At Center of Healthy F Aozotorp alt.forestry 0 24-07-2003 07:42 PM
non-blooming hydrangea Belinda Zayas North Carolina 6 07-05-2003 04:56 AM
Deadheading heliotrope Adam Schwartz Gardening 1 06-05-2003 11:44 PM
"Healthy Forests" or "Healthy Forest Corporations"? Larry Harrell alt.forestry 2 26-10-2002 06:58 AM