Old 16-08-2004, 04:36 AM
Noel Lewis

Default New Lawn Tips needed...!

Hello folks:

Need to clear up some shrubbery, small plants and
small trees (less than 6 feet) in my backyard,
the total area is about 800 to 950 sf. Any tips
on how to do this quickly and effortlessly and
what tools I'd need to do this?

Ideally, I'd like to clear out the whole area where
the shrubbery/plants/small trees exist, and then
put in new lawn (fescue) back there.

If you have any tips/suggestions/advice on how
to do the above including what tools/soil I'd need
to put in a new lawn, please post them here.

(To do the above work, I got few quotes from various
landscaping people from $800 to $1500.)

Thanks for your tips.
(email)
(nl5-- letters 'n','l',number 5)
Old 16-08-2004, 03:00 PM
Pam - gardengal

"Noel Lewis" wrote in message
om...
Hello folks:

Need to clear up some shrubbery, small plants and
small trees (less than 6 feet) in my backyard,
the total area is about 800 to 950 sf. Any tips
on how to do this quickly and effortlessly and
what tools I'd need to do this?

Ideally, I'd like to clear out the whole area where
the shrubbery/plants/small trees exist, and then
put in new lawn (fescue) back there.

If you have any tips/suggestions/advice on how
to do the above including what tools/soil I'd need
to put in a new lawn, please post them here.

(To do the above work, I got few quotes from various
landscaping people from $800 to $1500.)

Quickly and effortlessly are not words usually associated with clearing an
area of brush and trees and preparing a seedbed for a new lawn. As to tools
needed, it's hard to tell without seeing exactly what type of trees/brush
are involved, but you will most likely need a good saw, a pickax, shovel and
tiller. Soil and/or amendments will also depend on existing conditions.

Your landscaping quotes seem entirely reasonable to me. Unless you like this
type of work or have serious budget considerations, I'd go with one of them.

pam - gardengal

[IMG] code is On

5 TIPS FOR BETTER MANAGEMENT OF HOME BUSINESS...5 TIPS FOR BETTERMANAGEMENT OF HOME BUSINESS...5 TIPS FOR BETTER MANAGEMENT OF HOMEBUSINESS... Tonya Thompson United Kingdom 0 28-04-2009 01:30 PM
New Lawn needed kungfuslippers Lawns 3 12-07-2008 12:14 PM
new lawn advice needed please spider United Kingdom 4 17-04-2006 10:05 AM
Clear out Shrubbery and New Lawn Tips Needed. Noel Lewis North Carolina 2 16-08-2004 07:01 PM
Advice needed - new sod lawn dying in random patches Bob S. Gardening 0 19-05-2003 06:20 PM