Old 18-08-2004, 11:59 PM
Your name

Default Kalanchoe digremontiana aka Maternity Plant

Looking for source to purchase Kalanchoe digremontiana AKA Maternity Plant
Old 19-08-2004, 10:57 AM
Cereus-validus

Thats Bryophyllum daigremontianum, AKA Kalanchoe daigremontiana.

http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/.../bdaigrem.html

The plant is such a nasty weed, many out there would gladly give you plants
for free. Most people get it as a hitchhiker in a pot of something purchased
that was far more valuable.

"Your name" wrote in message
m...
Looking for source to purchase Kalanchoe digremontiana AKA Maternity Plant

Old 19-08-2004, 01:47 PM
madgardener

Cereus-validus wrote:
Thats Bryophyllum daigremontianum, AKA Kalanchoe daigremontiana.

http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/.../bdaigrem.html

The plant is such a nasty weed, many out there would gladly give you plants
for free. Most people get it as a hitchhiker in a pot of something purchased
that was far more valuable.

I have one variety of this plant. I used to have the more tubular
variety(B. delagoensis). The picture displayed showed a much larger leaf
than the one that I have now. That leaf appeared huge in comparrison to
the variety I've got. I will attest to your statement that it becomes a
hitchhicker in pots. I have at least one in every pot of cacti and
succulents I own. I sometimes pull them out like weeds and compost them,
but I so love the red flowers that appear unexpectedly in the late
winter, I forgive it. (I also get lots of jades in various pots of
cactus I have from dropped leaves). If "your name" would like one
variety of them, I can send you a few in an envelope from my supply.
They're not the tubular or the larger leafed hybrid. And I learned that
my common name was "Pregnancy plants" from my first one I had come
across in 1979 in Denver.
madgardener who is having to consider where to put all the cacti and
succulents inside this year fearing an early frost and
fall...........very strange August indeed

"Your name" wrote in message
m...

Looking for source to purchase Kalanchoe digremontiana AKA Maternity Plant

Old 21-08-2004, 02:06 AM
Lee

"Cereus-validus
Thats Bryophyllum daigremontianum, AKA Kalanchoe daigremontiana.

http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/.../bdaigrem.html

The plant is such a nasty weed, many out there would gladly give you plants
for free. Most people get it as a hitchhiker in a pot of something purchased
that was far more valuable.

I have a plant almost identical to the pics on the bottom of that site
and have wondered what it is! I think it is a specie of Bryophyllum,
as it is just like that plant except it seems, normally, to have its
babies on the tips of its huge leaves rather than all around them. The
County Agent gave it to me and the one they had planted in their huge
garden was a large pedestal like about 5 or 6 feet tall and in the
full sun, its leaves were a soft gray green. I put mine in the garden
this year but really not enough sun and it is only about 2 feet tall.
it has put out a 5 inch baby from the tip of one of the lower leaves
which i just pulled up and potted. it has others coming on. The lady
working at the greenhouse called it an ice plant and knew no other
name for it.

i have one of its babies, now two years old, in a pot in the house
with only a bit of light from a north window and a few hours of shop
light and it looks like a vine, its leaves serated and puting out
babies, some along the edges of the leaf and some only on the tips. I
put a piece of it in the garden and it grew but is maintaining the
leaf of its vine looking self. thought it might grow up like the
original plant.????

Could this, with its speckled leaves just like the lower picture, be
that plant or would it be another subspecie?
curious, leo
Old 22-08-2004, 08:45 PM
Cereus-validus

Are you curious yellow or are you curious blue?

http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/.../kcontent.html

om...