Old 19-08-2004, 03:40 PM
brickled

Default growing hardy kiwi

looking at putting these into my zone 5 michigan landscape but am leary of
my chances given how rare thse plants are. have any of you successfully
grown these and if so, how has the experience been? how would u compare the
quality of the fruit with the store bought relatives?

Old 19-08-2004, 04:29 PM
William Wagner

In article et,
"brickled" wrote:

looking at putting these into my zone 5 michigan landscape but am leary of
my chances given how rare thse plants are. have any of you successfully
grown these and if so, how has the experience been? how would u compare the
quality of the fruit with the store bought relatives?

Great vines here inedible fruit. Ripped them out and went with concord
grapes.

Bill

--
Zone 5 S Jersey USA Shade Earth sometimes.
There is atleast one word misspelled deliberately in the above post. )
Old 25-08-2004, 11:40 PM

I have two varieties, the one where the male plant is pink/green/white and the one
that is from siberia and they are PRODUCTIVE. the only beef I got is that they dont
all ripen at once and I gotta get out there and pick too often. I would put sheet
down and collect the ones that fall, they are ripe. they taste wonderful. no fuzz.
I am in zone 5 colder than average and they are huge and I had to whack them back
they are on an arbor not even a tornado is going to take the arbor away.
Ingrid

"brickled" wrote:

looking at putting these into my zone 5 michigan landscape but am leary of
my chances given how rare thse plants are. have any of you successfully
grown these and if so, how has the experience been? how would u compare the
quality of the fruit with the store bought relatives?

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 25-08-2004, 11:45 PM
Gardñ@Gardñ.info

"brickled" in news:aZ2Vc.2693$2L3.708
@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:

michigan

nearest ag uni library might ave issues of
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/4663/kiwi.html