GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Serious forks & spades (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/82173-serious-forks-spades.html)

Gardñ@Gardñ.info 26-08-2004 01:58 AM

Jim Elbrecht in
:

"Doug Kanter" wrote:

About 20 years back, I ordered a border fork & spade from Smith &
Hawken. Great tools, but alas, the ex-wife has them. Before I drop a
hundred bucks to replace them, I'm wondering if anyone's found
anything similar in stores (USA only, please). I need a D-handle at
the top, and that cannot be plastic. Don't care about stainless steel.

I'll second Pam's suggestion on Lee Valley. Be it garden or
woodworking tools, their quality & service can't be beat. [I think
'Veritas' is a 'house brand' -- but as far as woodworking tools go,
anyway, it is as good as it gets.

http://www.leevalley.com/
[and their catalogs are absolute works of art]

http://www.leevalley.com/garden/inde...&IndxStyl=long

Jim

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...-8&q=site:www%
2Eleevalley%2Ecom+fork

http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page...gory=2%2C44813
&SID=&ccurrency=2
ss, low price. but shorthandled. only 120 lb load?

longhandled $30, but head construction looks like sh##
http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page...D=&ccurrency=2
&category=2%2C44813

i saw short handled forks at kmart :-)

http://www.kmart.com/category/index....egoryId=788448

weird site. no garden tools in tools or in garden. also, mothra seems to
have taken over kmart.