GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Please ID This Bush (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/82199-please-id-bush.html)

Nudest 22-08-2004 09:52 PM

Please ID This Bush

Hi everyone, this tree-like bush grows profusely all throughout
Southern Ontario, Canada. I have never known what it is called. Can
anyone help?

Thanks in advance,
Denny

image at

http://home.ca.inter.net/~deniswb/Bush.jpg

zxcvbob 22-08-2004 10:00 PM

Nudest wrote:
Hi everyone, this tree-like bush grows profusely all throughout
Southern Ontario, Canada. I have never known what it is called. Can
anyone help?

Thanks in advance,
Denny

image at

http://home.ca.inter.net/~deniswb/Bush.jpg

It looks like a sumac; staghorn sumac, perhaps?

Bob

Alan Grossberg 23-08-2004 04:07 AM

"zxcvbob" wrote in message
Nudest wrote:
Hi everyone, this tree-like bush grows profusely all throughout
Southern Ontario, Canada. I have never known what it is called. Can
anyone help?
Thanks in advance,
Denny

image at

http://home.ca.inter.net/~deniswb/Bush.jpg

It looks like a sumac; staghorn sumac, perhaps?

Yes, definitely one of the sumacs. Here's a link to 3 pages of photos...

http://makeashorterlink.com/?V27E25C19

Nudest 23-08-2004 11:47 PM

"Alan Grossberg" wrote in message news:zbdWc.41116$Fg5.25621@attbi_s53...
"zxcvbob" wrote in message
Nudest wrote:
Hi everyone, this tree-like bush grows profusely all throughout
Southern Ontario, Canada. I have never known what it is called. Can
anyone help?
Thanks in advance,
Denny

image at

http://home.ca.inter.net/~deniswb/Bush.jpg

It looks like a sumac; staghorn sumac, perhaps?

Yes, definitely one of the sumacs. Here's a link to 3 pages of photos...

http://makeashorterlink.com/?V27E25C19

Thanks for the information Alan. From viewing the photos it does look
like staghorn sumac as suggested by Bob.

Nudest 23-08-2004 11:48 PM

zxcvbob wrote in message ...
Nudest wrote:
Hi everyone, this tree-like bush grows profusely all throughout
Southern Ontario, Canada. I have never known what it is called. Can
anyone help?

Thanks in advance,
Denny

image at

http://home.ca.inter.net/~deniswb/Bush.jpg

It looks like a sumac; staghorn sumac, perhaps?

Bob

Thanks Bob. From the links provided by Alan it does indeed look like stahgorn sumac.

Denny