Old 22-08-2004, 09:52 PM
Nudest

Default Please ID This Bush

Hi everyone, this tree-like bush grows profusely all throughout
Southern Ontario, Canada. I have never known what it is called. Can
anyone help?

Thanks in advance,
Denny

image at

http://home.ca.inter.net/~deniswb/Bush.jpg
Old 22-08-2004, 10:00 PM
zxcvbob

Nudest wrote:
Hi everyone, this tree-like bush grows profusely all throughout
Southern Ontario, Canada. I have never known what it is called. Can
anyone help?

Thanks in advance,
Denny

image at

http://home.ca.inter.net/~deniswb/Bush.jpg

It looks like a sumac; staghorn sumac, perhaps?

Bob
Old 23-08-2004, 04:07 AM
Alan Grossberg

"zxcvbob" wrote in message
Nudest wrote:
Hi everyone, this tree-like bush grows profusely all throughout
Southern Ontario, Canada. I have never known what it is called. Can
anyone help?
Thanks in advance,
Denny

image at

http://home.ca.inter.net/~deniswb/Bush.jpg

It looks like a sumac; staghorn sumac, perhaps?

Yes, definitely one of the sumacs. Here's a link to 3 pages of photos...

http://makeashorterlink.com/?V27E25C19

Old 23-08-2004, 11:47 PM
Nudest

"Alan Grossberg" wrote in message news:zbdWc.41116$Fg5.25621@attbi_s53...
"zxcvbob" wrote in message
Nudest wrote:
Hi everyone, this tree-like bush grows profusely all throughout
Southern Ontario, Canada. I have never known what it is called. Can
anyone help?
Thanks in advance,
Denny

image at

http://home.ca.inter.net/~deniswb/Bush.jpg

It looks like a sumac; staghorn sumac, perhaps?

Yes, definitely one of the sumacs. Here's a link to 3 pages of photos...

http://makeashorterlink.com/?V27E25C19

Thanks for the information Alan. From viewing the photos it does look
like staghorn sumac as suggested by Bob.
Old 23-08-2004, 11:48 PM
Nudest

zxcvbob wrote in message ...
Nudest wrote:
Hi everyone, this tree-like bush grows profusely all throughout
Southern Ontario, Canada. I have never known what it is called. Can
anyone help?

Thanks in advance,
Denny

image at

http://home.ca.inter.net/~deniswb/Bush.jpg

It looks like a sumac; staghorn sumac, perhaps?

Bob

Thanks Bob. From the links provided by Alan it does indeed look like stahgorn sumac.

Denny