Old 08-09-2004, 02:31 PM
Hotoy Fukaka

Default slime mold in my garden

Can anyone help me get rid of slime mold? I have it all over my small
garden and it looks quite disgusting. I realize it is probably good
for the garden, but it is all over the place in the garden in front of
my house and it looks terrible!

Thanks for your help.
Old 08-09-2004, 02:41 PM
Michel Buonarroti

"Hotoy Fukaka" wrote in message
om...
Can anyone help me get rid of slime mold? I have it all over my small
garden and it looks quite disgusting. I realize it is probably good
for the garden, but it is all over the place in the garden in front of
my house and it looks terrible!

Thanks for your help.

Some fungicides may be used to control slime mold, however, washing, raking,
brushing or mowing will remove it just as well. And cheaper.

Old 08-09-2004, 02:52 PM
GrampysGurl

Some fungicides may be used to control slime mold, however, washing, raking,
brushing or mowing will remove it just as well. And cheaper.

My neighbor has it in her yard and I suspect it helps keep my allergies running
at full force.
Colleen
Zone 5 CT

Old 08-09-2004, 05:34 PM
Pam - gardengal

"Ace" wrote in message
I have a white powdery substance on a lot of my plants. Is that slime

mold?
Thanks

The white powdery substance is powdery mildew, another very common fungal
problem in late season. Lots of different types which are more or less host
specific. The best control is to plant resistant varieties and to maintain
good cultural practices, including proper siting, deep watering, limiting
the use of nitrogen rich fertilizers and mulching to conserve soil moisture.
Clean up and destroy any fallen leaves or debris and with perennials,
infected material that is cut back should not be composted.

Powdery mildews tend to become very resistant to single fungicides other
than sulfur, so alternate if using chemicals, otherwise there are a number
of home remedies that are equally successful in controlling the problem (as
far as that goes). These include Cornell formula (bicarbonite of soda and
water), milk, and neem oil.

pam - gardengal

Old 08-09-2004, 07:30 PM
Alan Sung

"Michel Buonarroti" don't e-mail me wrote in message

"Hotoy Fukaka" wrote in message
om...
Can anyone help me get rid of slime mold? I have it all over my small
garden and it looks quite disgusting. I realize it is probably good
for the garden, but it is all over the place in the garden in front of
my house and it looks terrible!

Thanks for your help.

Some fungicides may be used to control slime mold, however, washing,

raking,
brushing or mowing will remove it just as well. And cheaper.

Slime molds are in the aesthectically unpleasing category and not the
harmful to your plants category. It lasts for a very short time and is
usually removed by mechanically means (scoop it up and throw it out).
Fungicide control of slime molds is not really necessary nor economical.

-al sung
Hopkinton, MA
Zone 6a

Old 10-09-2004, 01:31 PM
SVTKate

Can anyone who replied to this describe this for me?
I have some weird stuff that grows on my place, usually where roundup has
been sprayed, but not always.

I t looks kind of like chopped up Kelp when it's wet, then dries to a black
crusty thing.
I'd like to know how to get rid of it. I'm afraid that it will come to life
one of these days and eat the cat or something.

Kate