Old 09-10-2004, 10:53 AM
Antipodean Bucket Farmer

Default BT In NZ

This is a bit of an esoteric question.

It is springtime here in the southern hemisphere. So I
have just planted some broccoli and cauliflower. I had
a problem with cabbage loopers (caterpillars who target
those crops) last year. The suggestions I heard on
this newsgroup was for BT.

But where can I get that product in Wellington, New
Zealand?

I saw a printed product guide from the Yates company,
which suggested that their, "Success" product was a
bacterial caterpiller-killer. Which suggests that it
is BT.

I already asked Commonsense Organics, and they don't
carry it.

Any other leads?

Thanks in advance...

Old 09-10-2004, 03:02 PM

have you tried online?
the other suggestion is floating row covers. this will physically keep the moths
away from the caterpillars. plant a "sacrifice" planting for the moths then pull the
plants up and burn after the moths have laid eggs.
Ingrid

Antipodean Bucket Farmer wrote:

This is a bit of an esoteric question.

It is springtime here in the southern hemisphere. So I
have just planted some broccoli and cauliflower. I had
a problem with cabbage loopers (caterpillars who target
those crops) last year. The suggestions I heard on
this newsgroup was for BT.

But where can I get that product in Wellington, New
Zealand?

I saw a printed product guide from the Yates company,
which suggested that their, "Success" product was a
bacterial caterpiller-killer. Which suggests that it
is BT.

I already asked Commonsense Organics, and they don't
carry it.

Any other leads?

Thanks in advance...

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 25-10-2004, 01:22 AM
John Savage

Antipodean Bucket Farmer writes:
But where can I get that product in Wellington, New
Zealand?

The product name in Australia is Dipel (pronounced die pell).

For a closer-to-home newsgroup, subscribe to the Australian gardening
group, aus.gardens