Old 10-10-2004, 06:59 PM
Lukasz Komsta

Default Dahlia identification

Hello,

One year ago my family was given a very big dahlia bulb of unknown
cultivar. I have splitted it onto three parts and planted three very (!)
big dahlias (2 meters). The flowers are yellow, quite big (15 cm
diameter), they remain sunflowers and are "vertical", I mean
perpendicular to stem.

You can see photo: http://www.komsta.net/dalia.jpg

I know names of all my dahlias and used to know names of all I plant in
my garden. But this dahlia is complete mystery for me. Can anyone
identify cultivar? Search engine on www.dahlia.org could not help to me
because of lack of photos.

Sincerely,

--
* Lukasz Komsta *
* http://www.komsta.net/ *

Old 11-10-2004, 04:50 PM
starlord

it is an almost hopeless task to ID a Dahlia just from Photos, there are at
lest something like 15,000 of them dating back a long time. Plus we would
need a fully open and face on photo to give even a little change of giving
an ID.

"And for the second time in four million years, the monolith awoke."
Arthur C.Clarke 2062dyssey three

SIAR
http://starlords.netfirms.com
Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Bishop's Car Fund
http://www.bishopcarfund.netfirms.com/

"Lukasz Komsta" wrote in message
Hello,

One year ago my family was given a very big dahlia bulb of unknown
cultivar. I have splitted it onto three parts and planted three very (!)
big dahlias (2 meters). The flowers are yellow, quite big (15 cm
diameter), they remain sunflowers and are "vertical", I mean
perpendicular to stem.

You can see photo: http://www.komsta.net/dalia.jpg

I know names of all my dahlias and used to know names of all I plant in
my garden. But this dahlia is complete mystery for me. Can anyone
identify cultivar? Search engine on www.dahlia.org could not help to me
because of lack of photos.

Sincerely,

--
* Lukasz Komsta *
* http://www.komsta.net/ *

---

[IMG] code is On

AD: Dahlia World Starlord Gardening 0 04-03-2003 12:15 AM
Where to buy dahlia tubers online? Fleemo Gardening 9 10-02-2003 09:25 PM
David's Dahlia Starlord Gardening 0 10-02-2003 03:55 PM
(AD) Dahlia World Starlord Gardening 1 08-02-2003 01:49 PM
Dahlia World Starlord Gardening 0 06-02-2003 09:23 PM