GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   wintering over a miniature rose (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/84967-wintering-over-miniature-rose.html)

Dawn 14-10-2004 03:26 AM

wintering over a miniature rose

Howdy,

I have a miniature rose that I was able to keep alive in a large pot on
my front step all summer. It's the first one in 8 years that hasn't died
on me. It's currently about 2 feet high and still blooming despite the
chill air here in Missouri.

How can I keep this plant alive through the winter? I'm afraid it won't
survive on the front porch, and I know it won't survive indoors. Can I
put it in the garage once it drops all its leaves?

Dawn

gregpresley 14-10-2004 07:29 AM

You could keep it in an unheated garage, or plant it in the ground -
miniature roses are on their own roots and perfectly hardy at least to the
colder parts of zone 5 if not into 4.