Old 14-10-2004, 03:26 AM
Dawn

Default wintering over a miniature rose

Howdy,

I have a miniature rose that I was able to keep alive in a large pot on
my front step all summer. It's the first one in 8 years that hasn't died
on me. It's currently about 2 feet high and still blooming despite the
chill air here in Missouri.

How can I keep this plant alive through the winter? I'm afraid it won't
survive on the front porch, and I know it won't survive indoors. Can I
put it in the garage once it drops all its leaves?

Dawn

Old 14-10-2004, 07:29 AM
gregpresley

You could keep it in an unheated garage, or plant it in the ground -
miniature roses are on their own roots and perfectly hardy at least to the
colder parts of zone 5 if not into 4.
"Dawn" wrote in message
Howdy,

I have a miniature rose that I was able to keep alive in a large pot on
my front step all summer. It's the first one in 8 years that hasn't died
on me. It's currently about 2 feet high and still blooming despite the
chill air here in Missouri.

How can I keep this plant alive through the winter? I'm afraid it won't
survive on the front porch, and I know it won't survive indoors. Can I
put it in the garage once it drops all its leaves?

Dawn

[IMG] code is On

Spider mites, over and over and over Jonathan Sachs[_2_] Gardening 9 09-08-2007 04:37 AM
over-wintering floaters and little bugs J. LaQuiere Ponds 12 14-02-2004 07:17 AM
Wintering over shallow ponds NJ Ponds 3 31-08-2003 11:02 PM
wintering over potatoes Rob Dougan Gardening 4 18-08-2003 06:43 PM
Wintering over [was Herbs? ] Texensis Texas 0 05-04-2003 11:09 AM