Old 15-10-2004, 03:22 PM
Nina

Default plant ID

I know that a picture would be ideal (I can't access the binary group
just yet), but if the following description rings a bell with anyone
reading this, could you tell me what you think it might be so that I
check it out on Google? If so, I thank you in advance.
I'm located in middle Georgia. The plant looks sort of like a bush
from the distance, but is actually comprised of long stalks. The
stalks have clusters of little-bitty flowers. The flowers on the outer
edge of the cluster are an orangey red, with the flowers in the center
being mostly bright yellow. Very pretty.. looks like fire. There are
shiny blue berries on the plant. More of a metallic blue than a
blueberry blue. They're small and shiny. I assume they form after the
flowers fade away.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance -
Nina

Old 15-10-2004, 04:28 PM
glenon

Yup, sounds like a lantana to me too! I rescued one of these and it is now
a beautiful big bush. Can be pruned easily, will come back from even a
severe pruning. I love it!

--
gloria - only the iguanas know for sure

Old 16-10-2004, 01:57 AM
Nina

snipped The
stalks have clusters of little-bitty flowers. The flowers on the outer
edge of the cluster are an orangey red, with the flowers in the center
being mostly bright yellow. Very pretty.. looks like fire. There are
shiny blue berries on the plant. More of a metallic blue than a
blueberry blue. snipped
Nina

(MLEBLANCA) wrote in message ...
Try Lantana

Emilie

Thank you, Emilie! I did a search on lantana and you are absolutely correct.
Nina
Old 16-10-2004, 02:02 AM
Nina

"glenon" wrote in message m...
Yup, sounds like a lantana to me too! I rescued one of these and it is now
a beautiful big bush. Can be pruned easily, will come back from even a
severe pruning. I love it!

Yes, it is definitely a lantana. Thank you for your reply! I'm glad
you mentioned the pruning, saves me from further searching. I love the
color of the bushes in my yard, but during my search I found photos of
the pink and yellow variety. They are sooo pretty.
Thanks again,
Nina