Old 19-10-2004, 02:20 PM
Jack Schmidling

Default PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Ground Hog

There is nothing unusual about a squirrel in a bird feeder. In fact they are
such pests that a whole industry has developed to come up with methods of
keeping these clever animals out of feeders. However, when a wood chuck
turns up in the feeder, it's hard not to take notice.

js

--
PHOTO OF THE WEEK: http://schmidling.netfirms.com/pow.htm
Astronomy, Beer, Cheese, Gems, Sausage, http://schmidling.netfirms.com
Old 19-10-2004, 02:46 PM
bthache

What a great photo... and the write up is pretty good too!
--
Tammie - Northern Ontario
Zone 2b-3

om...

Old 19-10-2004, 06:35 PM
Frank Logullo

"Jack Schmidling" wrote in message
om...
There is nothing unusual about a squirrel in a bird feeder. In fact they

are
such pests that a whole industry has developed to come up with methods of
keeping these clever animals out of feeders. However, when a wood chuck
turns up in the feeder, it's hard not to take notice.

js

--
PHOTO OF THE WEEK: http://schmidling.netfirms.com/pow.htm
Astronomy, Beer, Cheese, Gems, Sausage, http://schmidling.netfirms.com

You don't beat the photo I saw in hunting ng this am:
http://sitting-duck.home.comcast.net/behindyou.jpg
Taken by a trail camera. Flash may have saved deer.
Frank

Old 20-10-2004, 03:31 AM
wyn

That has to be a ground type feeder, right?

I have woodchucks on the property and I can't imagine one exerting the
energy to hoist itself!

Old 29-10-2004, 06:17 PM
Fred the Red Shirt

"wyn" wrote in message roups.com...
That has to be a ground type feeder, right?

I have woodchucks on the property and I can't imagine one exerting the
energy to hoist itself!

My collie once treed a ground hog. The next time my mother saw the
old fat farmer who lived accross the street she asked him "Can ground
hogs climb trees?" His answer was, "They can if they have to."

--

FF

"How do you find a ground hog's hole?"

[IMG] code is On

Ground Hog Day Rick Mathers Gardening 0 03-02-2017 05:46 PM
PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Mystery Photo Jack Schmidling[_1_] Gardening 9 21-03-2007 06:15 PM
Ground Hog joy2wrld Gardening 8 03-06-2003 05:56 PM
BOYCOTT SCOTLAND SAY HOG ACTIVISTS Apr 26 2003 --- vote Steve Rudd PM Rodeo Clown United Kingdom 11 01-05-2003 12:56 PM
FS: Black & Decker Edge Hog 11 amp Electric Edger John North Carolina 0 17-03-2003 12:32 PM