GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What animal left that??? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/85324-what-animal-left.html)

TOM KAN PA 21-10-2004 07:23 PM

What animal left that???

Does anyone know of a web site that tells you how to recognize what animal was
in your yard by looking at the feces it left??

My daughter now has her own big yard and told me that there was either deer or
rabbits in her yard. She decided this by seeing the stools left.
I think she needs some reference.

Charles 21-10-2004 07:35 PM

On 21 Oct 2004 18:23:44 GMT, c (TOM KAN PA) wrote:

Does anyone know of a web site that tells you how to recognize what animal was
in your yard by looking at the feces it left??

My daughter now has her own big yard and told me that there was either deer or
rabbits in her yard. She decided this by seeing the stools left.
I think she needs some reference.

One site is:

http://www.bear-tracker.com/animalscat.html

--

- Charles
-

paghat 21-10-2004 07:42 PM

In article ,
c (TOM KAN PA) wrote:

Does anyone know of a web site that tells you how to recognize what animal was
in your yard by looking at the feces it left??

My daughter now has her own big yard and told me that there was either deer or
rabbits in her yard. She decided this by seeing the stools left.
I think she needs some reference.

How charming. I remember as a kid having my trusty scat & paw print guide
& exploring through a wooded canyon hoping to tell what animals passed
through. Somehow I saw neither turd nor track when I specifically wanted
to.

-paggers

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
Visit the Garden of Paghat the Ratgirl:
http://www.paghat.com

clc 21-10-2004 09:39 PM

Jeez o' Pete! I'd hate to see the size of that wabbit!

Cheryl

Merle O'Broham 22-10-2004 12:19 AM

c (TOM KAN PA) wrote in message ...
Does anyone know of a web site that tells you how to recognize what animal was
in your yard by looking at the feces it left??

My daughter now has her own big yard and told me that there was either deer or
rabbits in her yard. She decided this by seeing the stools left.
I think she needs some reference.

Y'know, we just love those ID questions here. Post a pic?

Frank Logullo 22-10-2004 01:22 PM

"TOM KAN PA" wrote in message
Does anyone know of a web site that tells you how to recognize what animal

was
in your yard by looking at the feces it left??

My daughter now has her own big yard and told me that there was either

deer or
rabbits in her yard. She decided this by seeing the stools left.
I think she needs some reference.

Reminds me of time my wife had a fit when I turned to her in yard and showed
her samples of each species in hand.
Both are pellets, usually, and rabbits are much smaller. Feces is
essentially odorless for these vegetarians ;)
Frank

Doug Kanter 22-10-2004 06:50 PM

"Charles" wrote in message
On 21 Oct 2004 18:23:44 GMT, c (TOM KAN PA) wrote:

Does anyone know of a web site that tells you how to recognize what

animal was
in your yard by looking at the feces it left??

My daughter now has her own big yard and told me that there was either

deer or
rabbits in her yard. She decided this by seeing the stools left.
I think she needs some reference.

One site is:

http://www.bear-tracker.com/animalscat.html

Great site. I especially liked the inclusion of human scat. I wonder who
that picture was intended for???