GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Insect Egg ID help (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/85827-insect-egg-id-help.html)

Bruce Musgrove 31-10-2004 06:39 PM

Insect Egg ID help

Finally started cleaning out my Monrovia carpet roses today and in the thick
bramble near the ground I found 60 - 70 egg cases on a branch about 2 feet
long. They were a white soft material, textured like a fluted seashell and
shaped like a okra pod. Each was less than 1/4 inch long. Break them open
and there are about 30-60 orange eggs inside.

Anyone have an idea? I am in Cedar Hill, Texas

Newt 05-11-2004 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce Musgrove
Finally started cleaning out my Monrovia carpet roses today and in the thick bramble near the ground I found 60 - 70 egg cases on a branch about 2 feet long. They were a white soft material, textured like a fluted seashell and shaped like a okra pod. Each was less than 1/4 inch long. Break them open and there are about 30-60 orange eggs inside.

Anyone have an idea? I am in Cedar Hill, Texas

Hi Bruce,
I have no idea, but these folks might know.

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/ipm/

Newt