Old 31-10-2004, 06:39 PM
Bruce Musgrove

Default Insect Egg ID help

Finally started cleaning out my Monrovia carpet roses today and in the thick
bramble near the ground I found 60 - 70 egg cases on a branch about 2 feet
long. They were a white soft material, textured like a fluted seashell and
shaped like a okra pod. Each was less than 1/4 inch long. Break them open
and there are about 30-60 orange eggs inside.

Anyone have an idea? I am in Cedar Hill, Texas

Old 05-11-2004, 10:58 PM
Registered User

Location: Maryland zone 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Musgrove
Finally started cleaning out my Monrovia carpet roses today and in the thick bramble near the ground I found 60 - 70 egg cases on a branch about 2 feet long. They were a white soft material, textured like a fluted seashell and shaped like a okra pod. Each was less than 1/4 inch long. Break them open and there are about 30-60 orange eggs inside.

Anyone have an idea? I am in Cedar Hill, Texas

Hi Bruce,
I have no idea, but these folks might know.

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/ipm/

Newt
When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

[IMG] code is On

Some kind of seed pods or insect egg cases Paddy's Pig[_3_] Garden Photos 2 21-05-2008 10:39 AM
insect egg identification randy Gardening 8 08-06-2005 07:27 AM
Egg ID help Bruce Musgrove Roses 0 24-08-2004 03:03 AM
Seed, or insect egg? [H]omer United Kingdom 18 20-05-2004 04:15 PM
[IBC] Insect attack (was: [IBC] Need help with problem) Jim Lewis Bonsai 4 16-05-2003 07:44 PM