Old 03-11-2004, 01:22 AM
Wishy13764

Default Hoya Carnosa getting some yellow leaves

2 of my hoya's which bloomed for me a couple of times this summer, are starting
to shed some yellow leaves. I make sure not to overwater..once a week should do
it, and of course they are potbound, or they would refuse to bloom. Most
experts say not to fertilize Hoya's too much and I hardly do that. What other
reason could there be why some leaves are turning yellow. ..lack of nitrogen?
Old 05-11-2004, 07:52 PM
Bill

Try the Hoya forum on this website:

http://www.gardenweb.com/

--
The Hawke
Old 06-11-2004, 02:32 PM
Cereus-validus.

Leaves aren't permanent. They will drop eventually.

How many years have they been on the plant?

Old 07-11-2004, 04:41 PM
Beth Pierce

I've been lurking here sometime and came across this post. I too have
a Hoya, and love its fragrant blossoms. They are also easy to
propogate.

As to your problem, I hate to tell you but it is being overwatered.
Hoyas like their soil a little on the dry side. There isn't any
regular watering schedule for them such as "once a week". When the
soil feels dry below the surface, it's time to water. I check mine by
inserting my finger into the pot down to the first joint. If the tip
of my finger is dry, it's time to water.

Chances are, with your plant being potbound the water is remaining in
the pot and overwatering occurs. My Hoya gets watered about every two
weeks, if it's lucky, and it sits in an unshaded eastern window. The
leaves are a deep glossy green and have speckles; something I didn't
know until I stopped watering it too much. They are a pretty durable
houseplant and can pretty much take a little neglect now and then.

(Wishy13764) wrote in message ...
2 of my hoya's which bloomed for me a couple of times this summer, are starting
to shed some yellow leaves. I make sure not to overwater..once a week should do
it, and of course they are potbound, or they would refuse to bloom. Most
experts say not to fertilize Hoya's too much and I hardly do that. What other
reason could there be why some leaves are turning yellow. ..lack of nitrogen?

[IMG] code is On

Hoya carnosa 3 Wendy7 Garden Photos 3 09-06-2010 11:57 AM
Hoya carnosa 2 Wendy7 Garden Photos 0 09-06-2010 01:20 AM
Hoya carnosa . . . . Wendy7 Garden Photos 0 09-06-2010 01:19 AM
Another shot of Hoya carnosa Wendy7 Garden Photos 2 26-06-2008 04:44 AM
Brown leaves on some maple leaves on some branches eganders Gardening 1 30-07-2007 03:49 AM